ROASTED BEETROOT SALAD
YOU WILL NEED
- 12 baby beetroots, trimmed and scrubbed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tsp BRITISH ROAST GOURMET SEASONING
- 4 fresh figs and cut into quarters
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 70g Walnut halves
- 50g baby salad leaf mix
- 125g feta cheese, cut into small pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Place the beetroot on some kitchen foil. Drizzle with the oil sprinkle over with BRITISH ROAST GOURMET SEASONING and add the thyme then seal up the foil as a parcel and place on a baking tray. Roast for 30 minutes, or until tender. Remove the beetroot from the oven. Leave the to cool slightly then put on clean rubber gloves and rub the beetroot skins off.
Cut beetroot into quarters and sprinkle over with a little more British Roast toss in a bowl with a little olive oil and vinegar add onions and leaf mix roughly mix.
Place into bowls or plates and scatter over walnuts, feta and arrange figs ontop.