MIDDLE EASTERN OVEN ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SALAD
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 Cauliflower (large) separated into florets and leaves reserved
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra for frying
- 15g pack EGYPTIAN GOLD GOURMET SEASONING ½ tsp reserved
- 1 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 Red Chili finely chopped
- 60g Dried Cranberries
- 1 bunch Flat Leaf Parsley roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp Golden Raisins
- 6 Dates pitted and chopped
- 1 bunch Mint (small) roughly chopped plus some reserved
- 30g Pine Nuts toasted
- 50g Walnuts roughly chopped
- 50g Pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 4 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- ½ tsp EGYPTIAN GOLD GOURMET SEASONING
- ½ Lemon juiced
Preheat your oven to 190°C.
Toss together the cauliflower florets and leaves, oil, EGYPTIAN GOLD GOURMET SEASONING. Tip onto a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until starting to crisp.
Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the onion and garlic with a drizzle of oil until softened and turning golden.
Mix together the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl, except the pine nuts, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds. Stir in the fried onion and garlic.
Mix together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Add the cauliflower to the salad and toss well.
Serve on a platter drizzled with the tahini dressing, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, walnuts, and a final scattering of mint, if you like.