Based on our Dixie Fried Chicken rub, this fresh and tangy dish is ideal for
- 1 EA Whole Chicken approx. 1.5kg
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra for frying
- ½ PACK BRITISH ROAST GOURMET SEASONING
- 3 LG Potatoes roughly chopped
- 3 LG Carrots roughly chopped
- 3 EA Parsnips roughly chopped
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 190°C fan 170°C conventional or gas mark 5
- Put the chicken on a rack over a roasting tray. Clear a shelf at the bottom of the fridge that the chicken will fit onto in its tray.
- Rub BRITISH ROAST GOURMET SEASONING all over the chicken and chill, uncovered, overnight. Take the chicken out of the fridge 30 minutes before you want to cook it to come up to room temperature.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Roast for 1 hour 20 minutes or until the skin is browned and crisp, and the chicken is cooked through. Rest under loose foil for 20 minutes before carving.
- When you have 30 minutes left on your chicken, place the vegetables into a separate lined baking tray. drizzle over with oil season and place into oven.