Based on our Dixie Fried Chicken rub, this fresh and tangy dish is ideal for
- 800 G Kumara scrubbed
- 2 EA Onions diced
- 2 CLOVE Garlic finely chopped
- 1 TBSP DIXIE FRIED CHICKEN GOURMET SEASONING
- ¼ CUP Parsley finely chopped
- 1½ CUP Tasty Cheese grated
- 1 SML Red Onion shaved thinly
- 4 TBSP jalapenos
- 2 TBSP Chili beans
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Halve kumara lengthways and score flesh in a criss-cross pattern. Place on a baking tray cut-side up, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until flesh is tender (test with a knife tip).
- Heat a good drizzle of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Cook onion with a good pinch of salt until soft. Add garlic, Dixie Fried Chicken Gourmet Seasoning and another drizzle of oil, and continue cooking for about 2 more minutes.
- When kumara is ready, remove from oven and switch to grill. Using a teaspoon, carefully scoop out most of the kumara flesh (being careful not to tear the skin) and place in a bowl.
- Add cooked onion mixture, parsley and 1 cup of cheese to kumara flesh. Gently toss to combine. Season to taste and add more Dixie if required.
- Loosely fill kumara skins with the mixture. Sprinkle over remaining cheese and grill for 2-3 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Serve scattered with chopped chives or other herb and chili beans. If you like, you could also serve with little dollops of salsa, guacamole and sour cream (or chipotle sour cream).