Based on our Dixie Fried Chicken rub, this fresh and tangy dish is ideal for
- Heavy Based Pan or Skillet
- Oven Or BBQ
- Metal Bowl
For The Steak
- 2 EA Dry Aged T-Bone Steaks or alternative
- 1/2 PACK MARRAKESH GOURMET SEASONING
- vegetable or rapeseed oil for Frying
- 2 TBSP Coriander Finely Chopped
- 50 G Butter, Salted Softened
- 1 EA Lemon Zested
- 2 EA Golden Kumara Large
- PINCH Sea Salt
- PINCH Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 220°C Fan forced or 240°C Conventional.
- Pat the steak dry with kitchen paper and rub 1 tbsp oil into the steak. Rub the MARRAKESH GOURMET SEASONING into the steak. Leave to marinate for 2 hours, removing from the fridge after 1 1/2 hours to come up to room temperature.
- Mash the butter ingredients together with some seasoning, then wrap into a sausage shape in clingfilm and chill.
- Cut the kumara into 1 cm wedges and place onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle over with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake in the top rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat an ovenproof grill pan or heavy frying pan to hot, this will take around 5minutes, so be patient, it will start to lightly smoke when it’s ready. DO NOT add any oil to pan.
- Tap the steak to remove the excess rub, drizzle with a little more oil, and sear the fatty side of the steak for a few minutes to render, holding it on its end with tongs. Then sear for 4-5 minutes on each side, until charred and it has a good crust.
- Transfer the pan to the oven for 6-8 minutes for medium rare. The internal temperature on the thickest side of the meat from the bone should reach 60°C, then leave to rest, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Cut the chilled butter into discs and serve on top of the rested steak and fries.