Based on our Dixie Fried Chicken rub, this fresh and tangy dish is ideal for
- 1 EA Cauliflower (large) separated into florets and leaves reserved
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra for frying
- ½ PACK EGYPTIAN GOLD GOURMET SEASONING ½ TSP RESERVED
- 1 EA Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 CLOVE Garlic thinly sliced
- 1 EA Red Chili finely chopped
- 60 G Dried Cranberries
- 1 BUNCH Flat Leaf Parsley roughly chopped
- 4 TBSP Golden Raisins
- 6 EA Dates pitted and chopped
- 1 BUNCH Mints (small) roughly chopped plus some reserved
- 30 G Pine Nuts toasted
- 50 G Walnuts roughly chopped
- 50 G Pomegranate seeds
- 2 TBSP Tahini
- 4 TBSP Natural Yoghurt
- ½ TSP EGYPTIAN GOLD GOURMET SEASONING
- ½ Lemon juiced
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C.
- Toss together the cauliflower florets and leaves, oil, EGYPTIAN GOLD GOURMET SEASONING.Tip onto a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until starting to crisp. Meanwhile,heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the onion and garlic with a drizzle of oil until softened and turning golden.
- Mix together the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl, except the pine nuts, walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Stir in the fried onion and garlic.
- Mix together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Add the cauliflower to the salad and toss well.
- Serve on a platter drizzled with the tahini dressing, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts,walnuts and a final scattering of mint, if you like.